- CPDT-KA- Certified Professional Dog Trainer – Knowledge Assessed
- FearFree Certified Professional
- Fear-Free Certified Animal Trainer
- Certified Puppy Behavior Consultant
- Full Member – Pet Professional Guild
- Professional Member- Association of Professional Dog Trainers
- Certified through Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers
- Meeting continuing Education requirements since 2002
- Meet the American Veterinary Behaviorists College guidelines for trainers
- Miami Veterinary Foundation seal of approval, meeting veterinary standard of care for training
- AKC Canine Good Citizen Evaluator
- Humane Society volunteer since 2000
CPDT-KA: Certified Professional Dog Trainer-Knowledge Assessed. CPDT-KA is an internationally recognized certification program for professional dog trainers. A certification exam and continuing education requirement ensures that CPDT-KA’s are knowledgeable about the most current thinking, research and techniques in the field. I was one of the first trainers in Florida to earn the certification back in 2002. I am committed to best practices in my field and using science-based, force-free training methods.
The Fear Free Certified Professional Credential: The FFCP has training in how to recognize, alleviate and prevent FAS (Fear, Anxiety, Stress) in pets and to advise clients on how to keep their pets from being fearful in the home, in transport and at the veterinary hospital. This includes a pledge to treat pets as a whole being and always give their emotional well-being as much priority as their physical well-being. For more, go to FAQs, or fearfreepets.com
Fear-Free Certified Animal Trainer: Fear Free Certified Animal Trainer has the skills to manage and handle dogs and cats alongside the veterinary team during veterinary visits and care to ease the pet’s apprehension regarding exams, procedures, and other care. The techniques may also be used in a home setting for carrying out or administering specific veterinarian-prescribed care plans or routine care like grooming. Most important, the Fear Free Animal Trainer is equipped to prepare pets for what to expect at the veterinary clinic so they have an enjoyable, stress-free experience.
The Certified Puppy Behavior Consultant Credential: Through Dr. Sally Foote, Foote & Friends Behavior, Based on Dr. Sophia Yin’s “Seven Days to a Perfect Puppy” course. Expertise in stages of puppy development and appropriate curriculum for Puppy Kindergarten Classes for puppies during their most critical social learning period. Knowledegable in recognizing red flags for potential behavior problems, and appropriate interventions. Proper training and socialization under 16 weeks of age with a qualified professional is the equivalent of “inoculating” your puppy against future behavior problems.
Return to About Page